Welcome to the Murphy's Bottom Ecological Project's website! The purpose of this page is:
- To inform the public of a habitat restoration project being undertaken in South Buffalo Township, Armstrong County, Pennsylvania
- To describe the preexisting physical/biotic conditions of the site with various pictures, descriptions, real-time water quality data, and species lists
- To explain in detail the steps proposed to restore the area to a more beneficial/diverse habitat for terrestrial/aquatic wildlife
- To relay any news of action and progress occuring after the beginning of the plan's implementation
UPDATE: On Wednesday, Feburary 18th, 2009 a meeting was held to inform the various stakeholders on progress made as well as present more detailed habitat enhancement plans. To view a PowerPoint presentation created for the event, click here!.
- 04/28/2012 - Added sonde data/graphs for 2008/2009/2010, Added Christmas Bird Count comparison
- 06/30/2011 - Added Existing Conditions Report and Master Plan Report
- 06/25/2010 - Melanie A. Matthews' Thesis on Nutrient Cycling and Aquatic Macrophytes in Murphy's Bottom
- 01/22/2010 - Updated master bird list, added information to master fish list
- 01/14/2010 - Updated common lists
- 11/20/2009 - Fish species list updated, new species discovered in Main Lake (Yellow perch)
For more infomation on any of these topics (or others) please use the left-hand frame to navigate this website. Further questions and/or comments can directed to one of the contacts described below.
Dr. Brady Porter
Assistant Professor of Biology